My Faith

Hebrews 11:1
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
December 2013 I was doing a self breast exam and I discovered a lump.  I prayed about left it alone and a few days later I started feeling again and said well maybe I need to get it checked. I went to my primary care physician and she said I needed to have a breast ultrasound and mammogram done right away because it with a swollen Lymph Node. Immediately I begin to worry ,I begin to cry, all kind of thoughts started running through my head.  I had the mammogram done first and then sent over to the hospital to have the ultrasound. The Radiologist came in to see what the tech was looking at on the screen and he said ,"you have a mass",I said the knot is a mass?" No, I see a mass in your breast!" (Now before i had the mammogram and ultrasound done I place my hand on the knot under my arm and prayed for healing) you will need a biopsy done,it looks like CANCER".
The room begin to spin "literally" I lost all train of thought. As I finally pulled myself up from the table and made my way to my car the tears were flowing like a river. Once I made it home I FELL in my husbands arms, I couldn't talk ,I just cried. I gave him the story of what the radiologist seen,and his reply was so simple," That's what HE SAW BUT GOD have the final say so in THIS ,Lela where is your FAITH?" Well my faith left me, it went straight out the door, I let worry and scared in and for days it took control over me.I let satan show his face in this, I couldn't eat properly or sleep ,I felt as if I was in a daze. I questioned God (something we should never do) Why me? So clear he said, "Why not you? I'm here and will never leave you,give it to me." But I didn't,I kept worrying,reached out to my friends for prayer but nothing soothe the pain I had ,nothing relived the worry. My friend told me to place my hand over my breast as I did on the knot I found, but i couldn't bring myself to do it. Then one Sunday I cried out to God at the altar "Please take it, I give it to you! My faith is in you and you alone." Let me tell you something,when you learn to truly cry out to God and pour your heart out,the results and healing will begin. I had my biopsy done 2 long weeks later,my results came back as NEGATIVE. To God be the GLORY. 
My lesson in all of this was:
I was being tested and in the beginning I FAILED the test. How did I fail? Many ways...
1. I lost my faith in God
2.I let man have a so say in my life
3. I prayed then took it back.
4.I let Satan think he won
When I was at my weakest point that's when Satan stepped in. He thought he was in control of this test BUT I fought back...
 Psalm 21:5
''Through the victories you gave, his glory is great; you have bestowed on him splendor and majesty."
God was always right there with me, he was just waiting for me to give him control.
If you are going through something today build your FAITH up in God I promise he want let you down. Faith in a better tomorrow ,Faith in your peace for today ,Faith for a healing, Faith for a deliverance. Find you a quiet area in your home, fall on your knees and give it to God.
Lela B.

Comments

Popular Posts